We are committed to providing excellent care, compassionate support, and honest information to those facing pregnancy decisions through authentic relationships that display grace, honor life, and foster community.
Statement of Faith
We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, Born of the Virgin Mary, Suffered under Pontius Pilate, Was crucified, dead, and buried. He descended into hell; The third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, And sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost; The Holy Church, the Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body, And the Life everlasting. Amen. (The Apostles Creed)
Statement of Purpose
Living Alternatives advertises as the Pregnancy Resource Center with free testing and confidential counseling. Most women come into the center because they are in crisis. We want to counsel them and support all types of women in crisis – abortion-minded and not abortion-minded. Our other services, which include parenting classes, providing maternity and baby clothing, abstinence education and post abortion counseling, are secondary services.
We absolutely do not coerce or badger any woman into making any type of decision about her baby. We present the truth and it is up to the woman to make any decision concerning the outcome of the pregnancy.
Statement of Principle
- The PRC is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, the PRC, embodied in its staff and volunteers, is committed to presenting the Gospel of our Lord to women with crisis pregnancies–both in word and in deed. Commensurate with this purpose, those who labor as the PRC board members, directors and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord.
- The PRC is committed to providing its clients with accurate information about both prenatal development and abortion. The medical clinic operates under the supervision of a physician serving as medical director. All medical information is provided under the direction and supervision of the medical director.
- The PRC is committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust and providing promised information and services. The PRC denounces and forbids any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations with its client.
- The PRC is committed to assisting women to carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provision of God’s people and the community at large, women may face the future with hope, and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
- The PRC does not discriminate in providing services because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or marital status of its clients.
- The PRC is committed to providing a safe place that will not profit from the choices a woman makes. Therefore, the PRC does not recommend, provide or refer for abortion or abortifacients or birth control/contraception.
- The PRC offers assistance free of charge at all times.
- The PRC is committed to creating awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women, and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
- The PRC does not recommend, provide, or refer single women for contraceptives. (Married women seeking contraceptive information are urged to make informed decisions regarding this matter.)
- The PRC recognizes the validity of adoption as one alternative to abortion, but is not biased toward adoption when compared to the other life-saving alternatives. The PRC is independent of adoption agencies, relating to them in the same manner as to other helpful referral sources. The PRC receives no payment of any kind from these agencies, does not enter into contractual relationships with them, and does not share combined office space. Adoption agencies are not established under the auspices of the PRC.
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.
Final language as approved by the National Leadership Alliance of Pregnancy Care Services – 03/17/09
The Administrative address is: Living Alternatives Pregnancy Resource Center, PO Box 1555, Champaign, IL 61824-1555; Email: [email protected]